There are a variety of reasons to have your 2 stroke engine rebuilt. People most often wait until a catastrophic failure occurs, but oftentimes there are signs it is time for a rebuild before the engine blows up. Having your engine rebuilt before failure can save you time and money in the long run.
I offer engine rebuilds services in the Bozeman, Montana area. If you are local, you are welcome to drop your engine off. Otherwise, you may ship your engine to me.
Signs of engine wear can include but are certainly not limited to:
- Loud noise coming from the crankcase can point to crankshaft bearing failure
- Difficulty shifting the transmission can point to failing transmission bearings or worn out shift forks
- Lack of compression can point to a worn out piston or rings
My pricing is for labor only and does not include the cost of parts or shipping. It is entirely up to you whether I use aftermarket or OEM parts in your engine rebuild. I provide an estimated parts cost based on what type of parts you prefer before beginning the rebuild. Of course I never know exactly what I will find before tearing into the engine, which can occasionally lead to additional parts cost if I come across damaged or worn components.
My labor cost for a complete 2 stroke engine rebuild starts at $800. This includes:
- Inspection and cleaning of all major components
- Rebuilding of transmission if necessary
- Replacement of all bearings and seals
- Installation of all new gaskets and O-rings
- Cleaning and inspection of powervalve components
- Installation of new piston and rings
- $250: Bring me the entire bike. I’ll pull the engine, rebuild it and reinstall it.
- $250: Polishing of engine cases and covers using Pryme MX cleaning wheels
I am happy to discuss your engine with you before you opt to send it out for a rebuild. If your engine has blown up, there are a variety of unknowns leading into an engine rebuild. Please complete the form below and be as descriptive as possible. If applicable, include any photos relevant to your message.
"*" indicates required fields